Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hawaiian Delight

For my 30th birthday, I wanted to spend it in Hawaii.

Instead, I got to have a surgery in San Francisco.

This year, for my 31st birthday, Casey made that dream come true. He surprised me with tickets to Hawaii and a coordinated visit with Camille!

It didn't seem right to go visit Camille without having Michelle come along. . . (truth be told, I was really just terrified to fly to Hawaii by myself with Piper) so she came too! It was a sisters trip in Hawaii.

Piper did great on the flight and Michelle and I did everything in our power to keep her happy. Our flight left at 6 am which means we woke Piper up at 3:45 am to get to the airport. And since Hawaii was 3 hours time difference, she was up for almost 18 hours with only cat-naps to get her through. Unfortunately, she never really recovered from this day of traveling and didn't sleep through the night almost the whole trip. It was rough.


Around 6 am. Already been up for 2 hours.

Having breakfast on the plane.

A pretty happy flyer!

We were greeted with love by Camille!

First trip to the beach. And finally, an excuse to wear that bathing suit!

Our beach caravan.

She didn't last long before needing a nap.

Just hanging out with the locals.

Two beach babes.

Stella's fashion sense is impeccable.

Most naps had to be taken in the car.

Twirling on the beach with Aunt Camille.

Not so sure about the sand . . .

This really happened.

So did this.

When you're not as pretty as the scenery . . .

Sunday brunch and Haleiwa Joe's.

Eating more graham crackers on this trip than she ever has.

Our restaurant view.


Selfie.

I really miss peacocks. I love their calls.

Our second attempt at the beach. We got rained out.
Just some cousin hangin' time.
Although we didn't do much by way of seeing things, we enjoyed hanging out with Camille and cousin Stella. The weather was beautiful and so is Hawaii. I very much look forward to going back . . . (without Piper). I didn't take very many pictures because: a) I had a child in my hands almost the whole time; and b) I'm pretty bad at taking photos anyway. I put Michelle in charge of taking the pictures . . . and I have yet to see them.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I love all these pictures! Especially Piper's selfie. Hawaii looks beautiful, I hope to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete